Sunday 1 September 2013

Ancestors, relations and people on holiday.

When my grandmother was in service, post WW1, in Moseley, Birmingham they kept 'Scottie dogs'. That's my logic for this photo descending to me.

Her brother-in-law, Harry Biggs, worked at Sunbeam (bikes, motor-bikes and cars) at Wolverhampton and Manchester. He lost both legs in accidents perhaps, legend has it, as a test rider. My Aunt Dorothy and her blond cousin are in the side-car. His sons raced motor-bike combinations, incuding a Hillman Imp engined monster on the IOM and a World champion called Jamie Biggs provide other possible links or legends to Harry's story. 
So this must be my mother in about 1934-5.
And with her Dad, Frankie Bright.
Less than 20 years later Mary Bright's at Blackpool with Barbera Bennett and Lil Herdman.

1954 - I'm the baby!


A selection of Brights and/or Perks? R-L : Dorothy (Doll), Jane (Ginny), James (Jim) and Esther ('Et'). I think it's Et's mother because Et would only be about 40 then (mid 50s).

Anyway this is the real mystery: my Dad insists it's my mother's family; could be Wyke; perhaps it's Padman's Alley in Benthall or even the estate cottage by the Hall when a Bright first came as a shepherd, from Clun to work there; maybe it's Greatx3 Granny Perks/Hall/Hill in her final house at Stretton Westwood. 

Who, still alive, knows?

Html is confusing me so the labels and pictures logic is becoming a caesura.(Rather a nice word I saw in a posh paper today)

 In the unlikely event of you having any info or of this being of interest please leave a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment